• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hank Hill Goes Church Shopping

I came across this on a blog I read every so often. You can check out revdronn here. Anyways, for the uninitiated, the video stars Hank Hill, a slightly right of center Texas family man, who feels it is time to look for a new church.

I am posting it at a time when people around the United States are just starting summer, a traditional time for many church goers to check out other churches in hope of finding that perfect, sinless, non hypocritical, great for kids, growing, bible based, exciting, serving, hymn singing, contemporary, worshipping, spirit filled, God fearin', great coffee serving, post modern, and who knows what else... new church!

In an era when people believe they are entitled to always have good things from God, along with a fun and exciting experience at church, this little video hits surprisingly close to home.

Enjoy.



(as always, share whatever you want, but like i did with ron, give me some credit.)

Comments on "Hank Hill Goes Church Shopping"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Dave can we go there on Sunday? I promise I will straighten my hair, wear a dress, walk just behind you and to the left (or is it right?) and I won't ask too many questions or roll my eyes at anyone...if only we can go there! I will even root for the Mavs if we can watch them on the big beautiful HDTV's after the service!

All my love,
Your Wife
~C

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Hmmmm, straight hair, walking behind me.... uh, no! Go Suns!

 

Blogger Tommy said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Life returns to Phoenix.

As to the clip, that latte idea wasn't too bad, tho.

 

Blogger Bullfrog said ... (7:33 PM) : 

That cartoon IS scarily accurate in it's depiction of the "mega church".

Unfortunately, alot of people are ditching the large churches because they lack the personal touch and subscribing to the "God goes where I go, I don't need a church" philosophy. Not a good idea.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (8:01 PM) : 

Tom, for awhile anyways. At this point I am on the anyone but Shaq road. What a block tonight on him. Amazing.

Miami vs. Dallas. Dallas for the win.

Bullfrog, perhaps, sadly, too accurate. I agree that there seems to be a backlash with people seeking out more intimate churches as opposed to the large mini mall experience.

There will be a challenge to the big mega church people to respond to this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

No way the Mavs can contend with Shaq Desil and more to the point, D. Wade.
Heat in 6.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

Did I really say Heat in 6? Sometimes I amaze myself.

 

post a comment