• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Good Cup o' Joe

Sometimes you want it straight. No cream, no sugar, just black. You know what I'm talkin' about. A great cup of coffee. The way they used to make it in diners all over America. No, you don't want a latte, mocha, frappe, zappe, half caf, skinny, fatty, or any of the other 500 concoctions you can hear daily in your local (are they everywhere?) Starbuck's. When you get in that mood, you want that cup o' joe to be dark, hot, smooth, and not bitter.

I was in Atlanta recently and while I am there, I stay in the Norcross area. Interestingly enough, there is an outlet for a coffee chain from Minnesota, Caribou Coffee near where I stay. I say interesting because I don't equate moose, caribou, and lodge decor with Atlanta, but that is another story. One of the coffees they sell is "Obsidian Dark." It is fantastic. A very dark roast, smooth as can be, and worthy of enjoyment in it's purest form... black. It is truly one of the best coffees I have tasted.

So if you are a real coffee lover, get on with it. Order yourself a pound, and when you get it, grind some fresh, make it in your french press and enjoy one of the best cups of coffee you'll ever have.



(i do not work for, nor have I ever worked for caribou coffee, i just like good coffee. after usc beats notre dame, we'll be back with the mission top ten next week.)


Comments on "A Good Cup o' Joe"

 

Blogger timmer said ... (7:01 AM) : 

Amen Brother.

I developed stomach problems because of my coffee habit. Do you think that would stop an idiot like me?? Not a chance.

Black coffee.

sip.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (8:18 AM) : 

I know what you mean timmer. I have another friend who is now drinking decaf. I hope I do not have to go down that lonesome highway.

 

Blogger Jon Mazarellla said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Caribou Coffee - Sweet memories from sojourning in MN

 

post a comment