• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 19, 2007

Pure Joy

Bracketology, smacketology! The UNLV Runnin' Rebels are headed to the Sweet 16. Upset Kings. Bracket Busters. For those of you who don't know what this means, let me explain it to you.

In the 1999 - 2000 season, UNLV had the best college basketball team on the planet. They beat Duke in the Championship game by 30 points. A record that still stands. And yes, you read that right. They crushed Duke 103 - 73. The next season they went to the Final Four undefeated but were upset in a close rematch with Duke. And that was it. Over the next 16 years, there was an occaisional appearance, but never the Sweet 16.

Until now.
I am not sure they can beat Oregon, but hey, who thought they could beat Wisconsin? Certainly not Timmer, who had them losing in the first round to Georgia Tech. Look at the faces of these kids. Pure joy. I love sports. There are not many things in life that can bring that kind of joy. Welcome back UNLV!

Finally, for all of you bracket people, here are my Final Four picks. Florida, Kansas, Georgetown, and Texas A & M.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Pure Joy"

 

Blogger timmer said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Stupid UNLV.

That second round nearly destroyed me...but my final four teams (OSU, UNC, Oregon, and UCLA) are still alive. Now if OSU can just beat Oregon in the final I will be amazed with myself.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (2:01 PM) : 

No Kansas? OSU seems to be playing on borrowed time. They may yet win, but I remain unimpressed.

 

Blogger timmer said ... (8:42 AM) : 

yeah...I thought maybe Kansas and Florida would falter....but that does not look to be the case right now. OSU does not look very good at all, they really have to step it up to have any chance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 AM) : 

I've got the same final four as Timmer, and the same championship game. I picked my Ducks to beat the 'eyes though.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (7:45 AM) : 

See you Saturday Gordon. By then, we'll know a little more.

 

post a comment