• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 28, 2008

Dave's Potpourri...

A few little snippets of what has caught my interest the last week or so.


...here's a little humor from "The News" an English language newspaper I saw while I was in Mexico last week. All you computer types will love it!


...today I was interviewed by the SOS Radio Network. They heard about my ministry, Adventures in Life, through a friend and contacted us for the interview. I was scared to death! You're always thinking if what you said made sense or if you just made a stupid goof that'll live on forever in the internet age. When I get an air date, I'll post it so you can listen.

Tiger wins number 62

...this win ties Tiger Woods with Arnold Palmer on the all time win list for PGA Tour victories. Arnold Palmer made golf at the beginning of the TV Age. No one has been better at building on that legacy than Tiger. Next up is ben Hogan with 64 and then "The Bear" Jack Nicklaus at 73. Woods will pass Hogan soon and has an outside shot to pass Jack late this year. Truly he is the greatest of all time on a golf course.

The Kennedy's endorse Barack Obama


...the daughter of former President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Caroline, has endorsed Senator Barack Obama in his bid to become our next president. In a NY Times Op-Ed piece, she spells out the reasons for her choice but it mostly centers around his ability to lead and inspire a new generation of Americans, much like her father. Senator Ted Kennedy also endorsed Obama today, joining a growing list of Democratic Party regulars who are supporting Obama. This came on the heels of a big win the South Carolina Primary Saturday night.

...last week I was in the little town of Contepec, Michoacan, Mexico. I got the opportunity to meet a little old 91 year old man, Arturo. That may seem insignificant until you learn that Don Arturo, as he is known around his state, was part of the original founding group of people of the National Action Party of Mexico. I listened as he told me of knowing former President Lazaro Cardenas and teaching current President Felipe Calderon how to ride a horse. I will be returning to visit with and interview Arturo later this year in August.

That's all for now. Have a great week and God's blessing to you!



Comments on "Dave's Potpourri..."

 

Blogger Dionne said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Thanks for defending me on my blog today. I really didn't need that guys crap today and having a liberal friend stick up for me made my day. Thanks :-)!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Anytime!

 

post a comment