• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 06, 2008

Take a Hike!

I spend a lot of my time in the city. In the U.S., places like Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Portland. In Mexico, places like Guadalajara, Mexico City, and Ensenada. All of these areas are to some extent urban and have all of the problems that are inherent in city life.

Overcrowding, homelessness, grime, and concrete. Lots of it. So occaisionally I need to get out and see the world as God has made it.

Here's a few pictures taken the last couple of weeks as my wife Chelle and I have taken time to unwind and reconnect after a long summer apart..

The first few are from Cedar Breaks National Monument in Utah. This is a spectacular place. You can camp there only from May through September, but it is an easy day trip from either Zion or Bryce National Park and well worth the visit.

The second batch was from my first visit to Lake Tahoe. I know it can get crowded there, but a short hike will get you into some pretty amazing places... and you can be totally alone.

Enjoy!

Cedar Breaks National Monument






Lake Tahoe






Comments on "Take a Hike!"

 

Blogger Bullfrog said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Beautiful place.

I like how you worked in the, "I'm pretending to push the huge boulder!" pic. Nice...

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Who said I was pretending? It took me an hour to move that thing.

 

Blogger roy said ... (3:41 PM) : 

beautiful!

 

post a comment