• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

On The Road Again

I hit the road today! By that I mean it is time to leave for Mexico. Each year at this time, I pull up stakes, and head south of the border as part of my job with Adventures in Life Ministry. While there, we will help a couple of local congregations build a place where they can worship, hold Sunday School classes, and develop or improve ministries that will serve their communities.

This year we are finishing an addition to Iglesia Bautista Esmirna in El Sauzal, located about 70 miles south of the US/Mexico border, just north of Ensenada. That addition, pictured here, has four classrooms, and new storage and bathroom facilities for the church. After almost five years without sufficient space, this church will now have a place for their adults, children, and youth to gather, study, and learn about God.

After we leave Ensenada, Guadalajara will be our destination. In this area we will be helping facilitate a camp for a circle of churches. About 80 young people will attend and it is the highlight of the year for many of the youth of these churches. Amazing that something a lot of us see as a right, attending a Christian camp, can mean so much and really be seen as a privilege by the people of our partner churches in the Guadalajara area.

We will end the summer in Oaxaca, where we will be doing the foundations for a church in San Baltizar Guelavia. That church will be about 1300 square feet. Those foundations will be done in August and the rest of the building will be done in September as part of our Annual Men’s Ministry. You can read more about that trip here, but if you are interested in participating, please call us. There is still space and we would love to have you!

This year my son is going to with me for part of the summer and I could not be more excited. It is his first extended missions work with Adventures in about 5 years as he has been away at college. I am looking forward to serving alongside him as he too is preparing to enter the ministry fulltime.

While I will be in Mexico until the end of August, I will continue to post, as I am able. In fact my next post will be from Ensenada. Until then, just to expand the window into who I am a little more, I am adding a little footer if you will, to the bottom of some of my posts. This time it includes a little something I am currently reading, "Organic Church, Growing Life Faith Where Life Happens" . Enjoy y nos vemos pronto!

Comments on "On The Road Again"

 

post a comment