• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Mission Potpourri

Since I started blogging, I have found that I read a couple of folks pretty regularly. As a person who loves politics, I love reading and debating in that forum. I feel it is essential for anyone who wants to be a good citizen to be well versed, otherwise, how can they vote intelligently. One of those people I read almost daily is Little Miss Chatterbox. She is fiercely partisan, a big supporter of President Bush, and maybe the future first female senator from Missouri. As you can imagine, we don't agree on a whole lot, because you all know I am little bit of a "lib." Well earlier this week, she gave me the Rational Liberal Award. Thanks Chatterbox, I'll always cherish it. Anyways, check out her site. I'll be adding a direct link soon.


Friday morning I head to Oregon for a ministry fundraiser. I hate asking for money, but as a director of a non profit, it goes with the territory. After that, it is on to Atlanta and the Fellowship of Short Term Mission Leaders. This is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I get a chance to unwind, and we all take time to dream and pray about what ministry will hold for next year.

As I was reading about Oaxaca today, I was excited. Many of you know of the problems there. I have written about it here. Anyways, to make a long story short, it looks like there is a small chance of a peaceful resolution opening up. Please pray for that. The last thing these folks need is a civil war.

I've noticed that the baseball playoffs are not catching my attention. Why is that? I love baseball. I grew up with it. Maybe it is because the players all make a ton of $$$. Or maybe it is because they all seem to have drug issues. Or maybe it is because the players move around too much. Whatever, it just seems like the joy has gone out of the game for me this year.

Last week I mentioned that my friend Pastor Jesus in Ensenada was sick and would be travelling to Guadalajara for treatment. He leaves Monday the 16th
and will return on October 30th if all is well. We are still raising the necessary money to help with his flight and expenses.

I also told you about Karla, my wife's cousin. Her cancer was found to be pretty advanced and deep into her brain. They are unable to operate, but she is on chemo and the doctor is hopeful. I am not sure what that means, but I do know we should still be praying.

Please join with our family as we continue to pray for Karla and Jesus.

Comments on "Mission Potpourri"

 

Blogger Dionne said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Thanks, that put a huge smile on my face :-). Maybe I will actually have to add a 2nd liberal to my blogroll as well, miracles never cease.

 

post a comment