The Mission Top 10, er 5,
Here it is folks. I know we started this as a Top Ten, but right now all that matters is the Big Five. This is what is important as we finish up the regular season. USC will play Ohio St. in the BCS Championshipship, unless cross town rival UCLA finds a way to win Saturday at the Coliseum. If Florida loses to Arkansas in the SEC Finale, we should see LSU get an automatic BCS bid. Your crappy game alert should be set for the following potential matchup: Michigan against Notre Dame in a rematch at the Rose Bowl.
Finally, as you get ready for this last weekend of Division 1 regular games, many of us in So Cal are on our annual death watch, assuming Pete Carroll, head coach at USC will finally answer the siren call of the NFL and head to Arizona to coach his old quarterback, Matt Leinert. Let’s hope it is just a false rumor.
1. Ohio St. (12-0) – The Buckeyes are just waiting for who their opponent will be and for Troy Smith’s Heisman Trophy. Next game: BCS National Championship Game vs TBA.
2. USC (10-1) – Beat Notre Dame 44-24. USC just toyed with Notre Dame for most of that game. They played a bad second quarter and still killed the Irish. After watching that there is one question that needs to be asked… just how bad is Notre Dame? This week: at UCLA (6-5).
3. Michigan (11-1) – Michigan is likely doomed in the national title race, and there is talk that the Wolverines are going to get stuck with a rematch against Notre Dame. If that happens, the Michigan will lose because they won’t care. Next Game: Bowl Game TBA.
4. Florida (11-1) – Beat Florida St. 21-14. As usual, the Florida offense was bad. As usual, the opponent’s offense was worse. That will end this week when Arkansas starts scoring. This week: SEC Championship Game vs Arkansas (10-2).
5. Louisville (10-1) – Beat Pittsburgh 48-24. 11-1 and ranked number 5 in the nation may not get Louisville in the BCS. What a joke, but that’s what we all have come to expect from this system. This week: Connecticut (4-7).
On the cusp: LSU, Wisconsin, Arkansas
technorati tags: USC, Ohio State, UCLA, BCS Championship, SEC Championship, Rose Bowl, Pete Carroll
(hey, you know the rules, take all you want but gives us, and shadow sports, our top ten provider, credit...blessings)