• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Real Mission

For those of you who have served with us the last couple of years, let this be a great reminder of the journey we have walked together in Mexico.

For those of you who only know me as a fellow blogger, politically minded, and a lover of sports, this is really who I am, what I try to be about, and what I love.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , , ,

Comments on "The Real Mission"

 

Blogger timmer said ... (9:06 AM) : 

Awesome.

 

Blogger Sergio Souza said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Dave, after watching the video and crying a lot (thanks!!!!), I had to write again.
Man, you really have a MINISTRY that get us going, God bless you for that.
I think that in my 18 years of US, the few weeks I spent with you in Mexico have changed the way I look into Missions....it not about just going, it is about giving, but receiving more than anything.
I received so much in those trips to Mexico....companionship, love, blessing too many to count, friendship from so many, mostly yours and Pastor Alejandro, you guys became my partners in Ministry, even though I am not able to go anymore. I think that your video tells a story of love for Ministry that will last many years, Dave.
You and Pablo (and many others like Becca, Jackie, Hna Rebeca), have given so much of your time to share the love of God to the people of Mexico...I thank you for the good example that you guys set in my life first, and in many others that came and that are sure to come because of what AIL does to further carry the name of Jesus.
Yes, JESUS IS BUENA ONDA, and you guys carry that banner every time you go down to Mexico. I hope that soon I am able to be part of the BUENA ONDA again...., not only in prayers, but with my presence to help and work there too.
Dave, once again my friend, God bless you for this MINISTRY that you so lovingly and heartily direct, without thinking of you first!
It is our prayer that this mission you embraced grow and Magnify the Lord forever.
Thanks my dear friend, for sharing, caring and most of all, for being who you are, a follower of Jesus!

God bless you, Shelly and Joseph for giving so much and expecting so little.


Sergio Souza and family

 

post a comment