• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tim Russert: 1950 ~ 2008

For several years I have kept a pretty regular routine when I am home on Sunday mornings. I get up early, and if I am preaching later in the day, I go over my notes, take some quiet time, and pray. Then I make sure the kitchen is clean, warm up my espresso machine, and make the best latte of my week.

After that, I sit down with the local paper and at 8:00am, open it up to the opinion pages, and then turn on "Meet the Press" hosted by Tim Russert.

Tim Russert died Friday, and I felt like I had lost a friend. No more coffee and reading my paper with Tim. No more white board to count delegates. No more smiling Irish wit on Sunday mornings. No more making politicians account for their own words. No more Sunday encouragement for his beloved Buffalo Bills

Now I know some folks can't stand the guy. Something about him being part of the Main Stream Media (MSM) liberal, leftwing, anti GOP, pro Clinton, since he is a Dem, I hate America crowd.

But those folks are just nuts. You don't get the respect that Russert had by being a hack. A quick search around the net will show that Tim Russert was universally loved and respected. By both sides of the political ledger.

The political world here in the US is worse off with Russert's passing. He will indeed be missed, certainly by those of us suffering from political addiction syndrome. But most especially by his wife Maureen, son Luke, and his dad, Big Russ.

Our prayers go out to the entire Russert family.

Rest in peace Tim Russert, and remember, if it's Sunday, it's Meet the Press.

Others blogging: Conservatism with Heart, Mike's America, Rivka

Comments on "Tim Russert: 1950 ~ 2008"

 

Blogger Rivka said ... (3:52 AM) : 

First time here. Thanks for the link! Tim was indeed a stand up guy and I really liked what his dad passed down to him and his son. We don't hear that much in this world where we are told fathers aren't really that important and where they aren't really honored that often.

Anyway, many blessings to you!

Rivka

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (5:52 AM) : 

Thanks for coming by RIvka. As you know, I read your stuff frequently on my conservative blog rounds.

I am in mourning today.

Stand up guy is a good term.

 

Blogger timmer said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Seriously. Losing Tim Russert was almost like losing a friend. The world is indeed worse off without him in it.

 

post a comment