• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

No Hay Luz

I have never been a good photographer. Too much light, not a fast enough shutter speed, cheap cameras, etc. Oddly enough, in spite of my inabilities, I was asked to contribute a short article to a photography blog, called The Rock Photograpers.

Here's the post.

When Brother Joe asked me to contribute to this blog as a guest blogger, I was at first excited. Here was a chance to share a little of what was in my heart. It was a chance to share a little of what makes me tick with some different folks.

And then I read the theme. “Light.” And then I started to worry. What was a guy like me going to say to a bunch of photographers about light? I mean, isn’t that a little like telling Michael Jordan how to shoot a basketball?

You guys with all your meters, lenses, filters, and what ever else, just intimidate people like me. I am one of those point, shoot, and hope guys you make fun of when you get together. Read more.

Comments on "No Hay Luz"

 

Blogger Z-man said ... (11:10 AM) : 

I took a photography course many years ago, a class through the mail, NY Institute of Photography. I still remember the photographer's name who critiqued the pictures I sent in, Mr. Walter Karling. Anyway very interesting stuff and I read each lesson plan but came away with the feeling that it's all just a little too complicated for my tastes much like fly-fishing. I mean when you're in the woods and a nice deer appears just up ahead on the path in front of you and you don't have much time you have to take your picture quick if you're lucky and all your lesson plans go right out the window.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Z... isn't that the truth. I have always wanted to try fly fishing, but it seems real complicated and I don't want to look like the proverbial dork on the river.

I do that enough in life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

Great job on your guest blogging adventure. You rocked it! (Do they even say that anymore?)

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Thanks Jenn. And yes they do!

 

post a comment