|In March of 1979, I was selected along with three other men to come to move to Las Vegas and open the first restaurants outside of California for Carl's Jr. I was only 20 years old, it was an adventure, and I was excited. My new wife, Chelle, and I lived there for the next 11 years and fell in love with the area.|
After almost 18 years, we are returning to Las Vegas. It is still an adventure, I'm excited, but a little scared. When you are 20 and you make a big move, you have a lot of future in front of you. When you are almost 50, you have considerably less future to look at and as such, there is more worry.
But God is good, and for me, in control. At least most of the time. If I let Him, which is always a struggle.
- Notes From Dave my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
- God's Politics jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
- Progressive Eruptions the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
- Conservatism With Heart a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
- Truthdig left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
- Coffee Klatch home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
- The Coffee Geek everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
- Bleacher Report varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
- Aubievegas a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
- Name: Dave Miller
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.
- What's in a Name?
- For the Love of Joe!
- A Double Standard?
- It's Fire Season!
- It's TIME
- The Friday Review
- Mission Potpourri
- The Deadline
- A Little Respite
- Orange & Maroon