• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 17, 2008

The Mission

Last week I wrote about the problem when faith and politics collide. For me, the central question is about how we live out our lives, and if our lives line up with Jesus' teachings and the lessons that God has for us through out the Bible. I think it is a moving target, something you may hit today, but fail miserably at tomorrow.

The next 10 days or so, I will be in Ensenada, Mexico helping pour a foundation for a growing church. It is where I believe God has called and gifted me to live out the majority of my Christian commitment.

I trust you all can keep Barack, Billary, and our friend McCain in line until I get back.

Also, I know it has been awhile, but if ya need a little sports fix, check out Bleacher Report. When I feel inspired, I contribute what I can.

Blessings!

Comments on "The Mission"

 

Blogger Mike's America said ... (7:20 PM) : 

Have a safe, productive and enjoyable trip Dave!

 

Blogger Patrick M said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Dave, good luck to you while doing the Lord's work.

We'll hold down the fort here for you.

 

post a comment