• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

News From the Front

Alright, I know it has been awhile but I've been away.

Once again I am in Mexico helping the local church here build facilities and do a better job of serving people who live in their neighborhoods.

We just got the electrical in, [thanks Gustavo and Marcelo] and are currently drywalling and painting the interior of the worship center we built in Ensenada in April of this year. Here's a picture of the outside.
Once we finish that, we will be doing some concrete work out front, painting the exterior, and then the the local congregation, [God is Love Church] will move in. They had outgrown their current facility.

On July 16th, I head to Guadalajara for 5 days to train a team of students and leaders from King of Kings Church for their mission with us in Oaxaca. It is our first short term mission trip where we will be leading a team of Mexican participants.

As you can see, I have a busy few weeks ahead of me.
Also, as gas prices continue to rise in the US, it was good to fill up my tank the other day with my now favorite brand of gasoline, Pemex. It sells for about $2.50 a gallon, depending on the exchange rate. That's $60.00 a tank compared to $95.00 on my trip into Mexico.

Comments on "News From the Front"

 

Blogger Patrick M said ... (8:10 AM) : 

$2.50/gallon. I miss those days.

Of course, after you figure in real income of the average Mexican, it's really not that cheap.

But glad someone's getting a deal on gas.

 

post a comment