• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Recharging the Batteries

Sometimes you just have to get away. After almost five weeks of great ministry in Central and Southern Mexico, my wife and some friends joined me for a week of relaxation in Huatulco, Mexico.

These are a few of the pix. I hope they give you a good idea of what it was like. Now before you all go figuring I am some sort of ricochon with an ability to stay at places like this all the time, just know that when you have three or four couples willing to go in together, live a little give and take, and show some grace to each other, it can be pretty affordable.


[the view from our pool during the day]

[sunset in huatulco]

[the waterfalls at finca la gloria, an organic oaxacan coffee plantation]

We hung out, played cards, took a tour of a coffee plantation, spent a day on the water fishing, snorkeling and visiting empty beaches, and relaxed. I am so thankful that I can get a chance to take some time like this and enjoy it with my wife of over 30 years, Chelle.

But now I am back at the daily grind. Reconnecting on Facebook, catching up on the almost 400 e-mails that were awaiting my return, getting ready for a ministry board meeting this weekend, and working on a sermon for Sunday.

Now I understand what people mean when they say they need a vacation from the return from vacation!


Comments on "Recharging the Batteries"

 

Blogger Beth said ... (12:09 PM) : 

Welcome back and good luck getting caught up!

 

Blogger Tim said ... (2:38 PM) : 

I went skiing with Super Mario Bros. this weekend! No kiddin'.
That place looks really relaxing. I'ma gonna havta take my wife to something like that if she can get some time off.
I also took some pics of a replica of the church where silent night was first performed. Have you ever heard of Frankenmuth, MI.?

 

post a comment