• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 14, 2011

A Short Break...

While much of the country frets about snow, cold, ice and the recent shootings in Tucson, sometimes it is better to focus on our personal stuff.

My 86 year old dad has taken a turn for the worse, so I am off to see him.

Right now that is more important than the next football game or some idiot with a gun who needs to be in a mental institution.

Peace

Comments on "A Short Break..."

 

Blogger Lista said ... (12:43 PM) : 

May you have a Good and Save Trip and Good Visits with the Family and I will be Praying for your Dad that he will not be in too much Pain.

 

Blogger Beth said ... (1:20 PM) : 

My thoughts are with you, Dave, and with your Dad.

 

Blogger Doug said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and safe trip.

 

Blogger Shaw Kenawe said ... (5:56 PM) : 

My healing thoughts are with you, Dave.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (11:20 AM) : 

Hope things are OK Dave!

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Thanks all for your concerns. At this time my dad is doing as good as could be expected.

 

Blogger Beth said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Keeping prayers up.

 

Blogger tha malcontent said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I only had seen this today, sorry I'm so late to send you my best wishes.
But I do anyway.

 

post a comment