The Mission Top Five
1. USC (1-0, 1) – To avoid dropping to number three, the Trojans need an impressive win in their national showcase game after LSU and Oklahoma sparkled in theirs. This week: at 19 Nebraska (2-0)
Okay, so last week we missed getting our rankings up, but this week we are back on schedule. So here is what you missed. LSU looks awesome. They won big and totally trashed Va. Tech last week. Auburn will lose more than they win if they have to score more than 20 points to win. Their offense is just that...offensive. Wisconsin does not belong in the Mission Top Five, but what can I say, I am contractually bound to keep them there, even if the owner of Shadow Sports has a screw loose. Sorry Gordon, maybe next week Oregon makes the grade.
So here you go, this weeks rankings and my picks for the week. SC kills Nebraska and either Michigan or Notre Dame will finally win a game.
Rankings (W-L, Last Week in Parenthesis)
2. LSU (2-0, 2) – The LSU offense was a revelation in the demolition of Virginia Tech. Even if there is a letdown, the defense will keep LSU unbeaten for now, despite the presence of an offensively potent Middle Tennessee team (ask Louisville about that). This week: Middle Tennessee St. (0-2)
3. Oklahoma (2-0, 4) – The toughest early season test has been passed with flying colors. Now they just need to beat Texas and avoid some of the defensive letdowns of years past and the national title game, or at least an undefeated season is in sight. This week: Utah St. (0-2)
4. Louisville (2-0, 3) – Just a thought, if my offense rolled up 58 points and over 700 yards of offense, I would have won in a blowout and my second and third teamers would have given up 28 of those 42 points. That Middle Tennessee scored on their first five drives should really worry Louisville fans with Kentucky and the SEC’s best offense this week. The only silver lining: The Kentucky defense is somehow even worse meaning Louisville should win, even if it’s by whoever has the ball last conditions. This week: at Kentucky (2-0)
5. Wisconsin (2-0, 5) – The Badgers were lucky to get out of Las Vegas in one piece. Fortunately for them, there are a few weeks before the next legitimate test. That comes October 13 at Penn St. This week: The Citadel (1-AA)
(take all you want, just give us credit)