• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 21, 2010

Luke, I Am Your Father...


30 years ago this weekend I was standing in line at the Brea Mall in Southern California with my wife to get into the just released second installment of the Star Wars Trilogy, "The Empire Strikes Back." Here's a great story on the anniversary.

Like many, I was stunned when I heard the line "Luke, I am your father" uttered by the epitome of evil, Darth Vader.

Growing up in So Cal, this was what summer was about. Movies, baseball, and hangin' out, usually at the beach.

Didn't life seem so much more enjoyable then?

Have a great weekend...

Comments on "Luke, I Am Your Father..."

 

Blogger dmarks said ... (6:22 AM) : 

I try to like that movie more, since everyone else seems to say it is the best of the movies.

However, I rank it below Ep 4 and 6 ("Star Wars", "Jedi"). Above "Phantom" and "Attack", for sure. Not sure if I would rank it above "Revenge", but probably.

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (11:05 AM) : 

dmarks, it was a great event... where are the movies like Indiana Jones and Star Wars that bring people out by the thousands to wait in line?

Are those days done, or are the movies just not evoking that type of love these days...

 

Blogger dmarks said ... (4:09 PM) : 

There are just too many of them now. Yes those were the days.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (8:30 AM) : 

My son and I just went and saw Iron Man 2. It was really good. Want to also go see the new Robin Hood, although I'm sure it can never top the the Flynn film.

 

Blogger dmarks said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I'd heard nothing but bad about the new Robin Hood. It doesn't look that good from the ads, either.

 

Blogger Tim said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Just saw it. Not too bad, but only a two star movie. Errol Flynn still did it better than anyone since.

 

post a comment