• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 06, 2006

A Few Random Thoughts

I am hitting the road for the Pacific Northwest tomorrow. Each year I get to visit that area as part of my responsibilities with Adventures in Life, a small ministry I serve with in Mexico. This year I will be speaking at a number of locations, but one church has me speaking at their "Sweethearts Valentines Day Banquet." I am planning on sharing about how much God loves us as evidenced by "the forgiveness and riches that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding!" Now you bible scholars will quickly realize that phrase from Ephesians Chapter One. Isn't it a great phrase? I will be focusing on one word in it...lavished. I love that word. It is such a decadent word to me. Like rich chocolate, luscious cheesecake, or an incredible crème brulee. And yet it is also a word that truly describes what God has done for all of us. He lavishes us with His love, all the time.

The Super Bowl is now history. Congratulations to the Steelers and all of their fans in what was a less than thrilling game. I believe the MVP award should have gone to the Pittsburgh defense. They were the only true standouts in the dull game. Even the commercials this year were only so so. If you are like me and enjoy great commercials though, here is a
link to some of the best over the last few years. Thanks to my friend Elwood for sending it along! I hope you enjoy them. Also, I need your help since I missed a key part of the post game celebration. Who is going to Disneyland? I hope Jerome "The Bus" Bettis means it and stays retired.

Finally I noticed that depending on where you live and which groundhog you follow, we will have six more weeks of winter, or not. This much I do know. I can sense that there is more daylight each and every day. It is wonderful. It means spring really is on the way. I love this time of year because you can always count on God providing some great moments filled with the colors of His universe. As spring approaches, take a few moments to marvel at His creation and how beautiful it is as it too emerges from the winter hibernation. In my next post I'll share a few insights from my travels in and around Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.

Comments on "A Few Random Thoughts"

 

Blogger Tommy said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Have a great trip, Dave. That word "lavished" jumps out to me every time I read that magnificent passage.

 

post a comment