• Notes From Dave
  • my thoughts on some of the tough issues of short-term missions
  • God's Politics
  • jim wallis' smart, political, and God centered take on the issues of today
  • Progressive Eruptions
  • the liberal side of politics from shaw kenawe. a daily read of mine.
  • Conservatism With Heart
  • a conservative take on life and politics from a well connected missouri mom
  • Truthdig
  • left of center, and very informative. bob scheer's online journal
  • Coffee Klatch
  • home of the best coffee roaster in So. Cal. and where i learned to love coffee
  • The Coffee Geek
  • everything you need to know about coffee and how to make a great cup o' joe
  • Bleacher Report
  • varied sports blog, lots of attitude, and sometimes i'm a featured writer
  • Aubievegas
  • a mix of sports in general with a bent towards vegas and auburn
My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

I am a self proclaimed coffee addict and Executive Director of a non profit missions agency working primarily in the Mexican cities of Oaxaca, Guadalajara, and Ensenada. I've been married for over 30 years to Chelle, and we have one grown son, Joseph, a graduate of Auburn University in Alabama.

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Couple of Attention Grabbers

I thought I’d share a couple of items that have caught my attention that last couple of days.

First up is a news item from Reuters: Iran demands UN Security Council condemn bomb attack.

Really? Is this the same Iran that in the past has supported the taking of hostages for political gain? Was that not terrorism? Is this the same Iran that has supported similar suicide type bombings in Israeland other countries for years? Was that not terrorism?

Hey Iran, did you support action from the UN Security Council then?

Isn’t it a little disingenuous for Iran to now call on the international community to condemn terrorism when they themselves have been guilty of the same type of behavior for years?

I'm just askin...

Last night I was watching the television when a commercial came on selling phone cards to call India and the Philippines. You know, even at a penny a minute it is too expensive. I call those countries every week and don’t pay anything.

It’s called customer service for Dell, Sprint, or any number of other companies from the U.S. intent on saving a few coins by outsourcing their customer service.

My beloved Angels from Anaheim are about to be eliminated in the ALCS by the Yankees. Last night when they were down 3-0 I told my wife it was over. Chelle tried to cheer me up by reminding me of the comeback of the prior night.

One thing you learn if you are an Angels fan. They are going to find a way to lose. I know they won the World Series a few years back, but that was a fluke. There are not many teams in baseball as stricken with bad luck as these guys.

Finally, I first saw this over at James’ Blog, but I suspect he pulled it from the Mexico City News. It seems that Mexico City wants to put their cops on a diet. Here’s the news story complete with the admonition of the city's Public Safety deputy secretary for citizen participation [that’s a title, isn’t it?] to eat more vegetables.

Doesn’t she know that every taco comes with onion, cilantro, salsa, and usually avocado and a radish? Last time I checked, those were some pretty tasty vegetables.

Comments on "A Couple of Attention Grabbers"

 

Blogger James' Muse said ... (1:46 PM) : 

yay for shoutouts!

Also, the Angels aren't from Anaheim anymore, Dave. They are the LA Angels, remember? Apparently Anaheim was too obscure, even if their hockey team spawned a couple of movies and tv shows...

 

Blogger Dave Miller said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Hey James, I am old school... when the were the California Angels and played at, are you ready for this?

The Big "A", a term I do not think we can use any longer.

Hey didn't those tacos look good?

 

Blogger James' Muse said ... (4:24 PM) : 

They looked amazing, actually. I'm gonna go find a taco truck...

Yeah I used to go to the Anaheim Angels and Ducks games when I was little. It was my first exposure to professional sports, really. I still have a hockey puck from a Ducks game from probably 15 years ago or more...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

James,

A minor correction for you...the Mighty Ducks movies came before the team! ;)

Chelle

 

Blogger James' Muse said ... (1:55 PM) : 

I did not know that. Thanks Chelle!

 

post a comment