The Mission Top Five
|Alright all you USC Haters last week was your week to crow. After Michigan lost in the upset of the century, the only question this year was how long 'til another giant bit the dust. Since SC barely got by Washington, I think we all thought they were going to be the one, but no one thought Standford would do the deed. It is indeed a Topsy Turvy season so far. If you want to think about some of the potential hijinx, check out the full rankings at Shadow Sports. He likes to think in terms of worst nightmares for the NCAA and the BCS.|
1. LSU (6-0) – The Tigers knocked off Florida in a hard fought game. It doesn’t get any easier with a road trip to Kentucky this week and Auburn, slayer of top 10 opponents next week.
2. Ohio St. (6-0) – Ohio St.’s defense has looked great so far. The question is how it will hold up against a top level offense after last season’s collapse. Another question is will it matter as there are no top level offenses in the Big Ten.
3. Cal (5-0) – The Bears were one of the biggest beneficiaries of all the upsets the last two weeks, and nearly ascended to the number one ranking.
4. Boston College (6-0) – The Eagles have one more game on the JV slate; then we will really learn how good they are.
5. Arizona St. (6-0) – The Sun Devils didn’t have it last week at Washington St., but found a way to win, something past Sun Devils teams have been unable to do, and something others have been unable to do this year.
(as always, take all you want, just give us credit)