Gordon's Ducks Get Some Love
Gordon e mailed me the other day asking for a little love for his beloved Oregon Ducks, now that they have beat everyone in sight with the exception of that little team from CAL. Well Gordon, this is your week. They made the Mission Top Five! Now just tell your boys not to screw it up and maybe they can move up a notch or two in the next poll. Last time they were on ESPN Gameday, we all saw how that panned out. Lose this week and you'll be known as just another PAC 10 pretender, just like USC.
The Mission Top 5 (W-L) (Computer Ranking is in the brackets)*
1. Ohio St. (9-0) (3) – Stewart Mandel on SI.com had an interesting observation about the Ohio St. win over Penn St. It was similar in all facets from buildup to result to quality of the opponent as the Iowa game last year. While I won’t go that far, the Ohio St. defense still hasn’t really been tested, and it won’t be this week either.
2. Arizona St. (8-0) (7) – The Sun Devils earned some more respect last week, but with the quarterback ailing this week, a win at Autzen just doesn’t seem to be in the cards.
3. LSU (7-1) (1) – The Saban Bowl this week marks the Tigers last big game until the SEC Title Game. Win this one and it’s on to Atlanta. Lose and it’s root for Auburn and hope for a victory in the three-way tiebreaker.
4. Boston College (8-0) (8) – Matt Ryan was great in the end, but there is one big problems left on the schedule. Schizophrenic Clemson who could kill this team by 30 or lose by 40 to them on any given day.
5. Oregon (7-1) (5) – College Gameday visits Oregon for the second time this year. Ducks fans hope it goes better than the last visit (loss to Cal).
(*thanks to Shadow Sports for their rankings. for the complete top 25, visit the blog. also, you know the rules, take all you want, just give us credit!)